NEW MEMBERSHIP OFFERING
The Classic Series is proud to announce a brand new program -- The Classic Halter Series! The top pointed stallion, gelding and two mares from each breed will be invited to participate.
Excitement for draft horses starts with the breeding, so this series is a natural fit into the family of Classic Series offerings. The goal of this new offering is to promote and support breeding, exhibition, marketing and showmanship of the draft horse. Involving all four major breeds of draft horses in North America to promote public awareness and interest in a halter championship series that helps promote showing of draft horse halter.
Each breed will have a minimum of 3 representatives and a maximum of 6 horses represented at the Finals. The number of horses representing at the Finals will be determined prior to the start of the Classic Halter series calendar year and be based on Finals host, Classic Halter series committee and approved by the Board of Directors.
The Classic Halter Series will operate under the North American Six-Horse Hitch Classic Series By-Laws.
Rules for participants:
- Must have a membership number for the Classic Halter Series to enter class, this is a separate membership from Six-Horse Hitch Series. Each owner in the class must have it’s own membership. An owner can have multiple horses registered under that membership.
- The horse owner must have a membership regardless of who is showing the animal. If the horse is owned in a partnership, the partnership must have a membership.
- Must submit a valid membership number to participating show with entries.
- Any horse from said member is eligible to compete.
- The top pointed stallion, gelding and two mares from each breed will be invited to participate in Finals.
- Points* are earned as follows:
- 1st place = 10 points
- 2nd place = 8 points
- 3rd place = 6 points
- 4th place = 4 points
- 5th place = 2 points
- Junior Champion = additional 10 points
- Senior Champion = additional 10 points
- Reserve Junior Champion = additional 5 points
- Reserve Senior Champion = additional 5 points
- Grand Champion = additional 15 points
- Reserve Grand Champion = additional 10 points
- Points won at a qualifying show will be multiplied by the level of the qualifying show. The level is determined by the number of competing halter horses shown for that breed at the qualifying show.
- Level 1 | 1-15 horses
- Level 2 | 16-40 horses
- Level 3 | 41-70 horses
- Level 4 | 71-100 horses
- Level 5 | 101+ horses
Rules for qualifying shows:
- Does not have to offer a Six-Horse hitch class to offer a Classic Halter Series class.
- Must offer at least 10 breed specific classes.
- Must payout through fifth place.
- Must accept all entries and place the Halter Series Class top to fifth– assigning placing and points to each entry.
- Submit results to the Executive Secretary in a timely manner.
Rules regarding Classic Halter Series Finals in 2022-2023 Season:
Subject to change
- Top stallion, gelding and two mares in each breed will be invited to participate in Classic Halter Series Finals.
- The Classic Halter Series Finals will be a three classes / three different judges championship. It will be judged by judges approved by the Board of Directors.
- The Classic Halter Series Finals is to pay a guaranteed $1,000.00 per horse.